The objective of Director J.P.A. Espersen and wife, Mrs. Dagny Espersen’s Foundation is to give something back to the local communities in which our company operates, and which have contributed to its growth.
The J.P.A. Foundation yearly donates between 1,5 and 2,0 million DKK to various charities in Denmark, Poland, Lithuania and other parts of the world. The donations are made in accordance with the deed of The J.P.A. Foundation, comprising 5 main objectives that have remained unchanged since 1971. These are:
- Research and fight against pollution in the waters surrounding Denmark
- Danish Red Cross, Dan Church Aid, national associations combating diseases and other similar purposes
- Research within the food industry
- Needy fishermen, their widows and children as well as charitable objectives within fisherie organizations
- Individuals who – due to illness or other undeserved reason – have become needy